Dear Members, Friends and Partners,
EuroCham has continued to actively represent your interests on many fronts in November!
While our Chairman strives to mobilize the entire private sector to advocate with the Ministry of Labor and Vocational Training against the adverse effects of the Seniority Indemnity new regulation, we have also been engaging with the Customs, the Ministry of Land Management, Urban Planning and Construction and international stakeholders in healthcare. December will see the last events of the year taking place, with a breakfast talk on Laos Business Opportunities already organized on the 6th of December, and the official launch of our Benelux Chapter,
in the presence of a business delegation comprising Belgian and Dutch companies from Thailand. We hope to welcome many of you on that occasion!
As 2018 draws to an end, I would like to wish all of you a well-deserved break and a Merry Christmas to those who will celebrate!
|Meeting with the Ministry of Labour and Vocational Training on Seniority Prakas|
On 26 November 2018, EuroCham mobilized more than 30 business chambers and associations to join the Cambodia Chamber of Commerce and meet with H.E. Ith Samheng, Minister of Labour and Vocational Training, in order to continue addressing the grave issues raised by the recently adopted Prakas on Seniority Indemnity. The meeting was fruitful and opened avenues of negotiations to mitigate the negative impact of the Prakas on the private sector. EuroCham will keep informing its members of future progress and development in this area. Read more
|Luncheon with H.E Dr. Kun Nhem, Director General of Customs and Excise|
On 20 November 2018, EuroCham hosted a luncheon, featuring guest speaker H.E. Dr. Kun Nhem, the General Director of Customs and Excise, at Topaz Restaurant. The luncheon provided the opportunity for all participants to directly address their queries and concerns to the Director General who took the time to answer to all questions. The luncheon also provided the participants the opportunity to meet with the other accompanying officials as well. View Photo Gallery
|EuroCham and other business associations sign an MoU with the Cambodia Chamber of Commerce|
On 26 November 2018, EuroCham mobilized more than 30 business chambers and associations to sign aMoU with the Cambodia Chamber of Commerce. The objective of this MOU is to provide the possibility for all business associations in Cambodia to jointly advocate with the Royal Government when faced with common challenges such as the Seniority Indemnity Prakas. Addressing the Government with a unified voice is always more efficient and EuroCham is keen to promote such approach when needed. Read more
|Real Estate and Construction Committee in collaboration with the Ministry of Land Management, Urban Planning and Construction|
On 13 November 2018, the EuroCham Real Estate and Construction Committee gave a presentation on FIDIC contracts to high level decision-makers of the Ministry of Land Management, Urban Planning and Construction during a half day session presided over by H.E Dr. Pen Sophal and H.E Mr. Leang Monirith, Secretaries of State. Read more
|Healthcare Committee joins the Regional Conference on Combating Falsified Medicines|
On 6 November 2018, the Chairman of EuroCham Healthcare Committee gave a presentation about the consequences of counterfeit medicines and possible solutions at the Regional Conference on Combating Falsified and Substandard Medicines, a high level international conference chaired by the Cambodian Prime Minister. Read more
|Breakfast Talk on Construction Insurance Policies in Cambodia|
On 1 November 2018, at Topaz Restaurant, EuroCham hosted a breakfast talk featuring Mr. Charles Amar, Manager and Vice-Chairman of EuroCham Real Estate, and Mr. Christophe Martin, Co-Founder and Director at Alpha Insurance Broker, who presented extensively on the topic of "Construction Insurance Policies in Cambodia". The talk was well received and very interactive as participants gained expert insights on ways to go about when starting any kind of construction work in Cambodia. We would like to take this opportunity to thank our speakers and all those who attended the event. View Photo Gallery
|Breakfast Talk on Regional Outlook of Southeast Asia|
On 8 November 2018, EuroCham hosted a breakfast talk on the overall political and economic situation of Southeast Asian countries, featuring keynote speaker Mr. Hans Vriens, a leading expert on Southeast Asia. The talk was attended by 50 plus attendees who got the chance to indulge in high-level analysis on various topics such as current relations with China and the European Union, etc. View Photo Gallery
Enter into the magnificent world of Art de Noel and discover 12 culinary events this Festive Season at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra. This month will see the very best festive dishes prepared for lavish dining events, accompanied by sparkling Champagne in abundance! See our calendar and make reservations by visiting www.sofitel-phnompenh-phokeethra.com
It gives us great pleasure to announce the launch of our newest chapter, BENELUX Cambodia, on 12 December 2018 at Hotel Raffles Le Royal and we would like to invite you to celebrate this auspicious occasion with us. BENELUX Cambodia represents the Belgian, Dutch and Luxembourg business communities active in Cambodia. This night will provide you the perfect networking opportunity to meet with our VIP guests, EuroCham members and other professionals from local and regional business associations, and there will also refreshing drinks and free flow of canapés to keep you going. So come join us in welcoming our newest Chapter, BENELUX Cambodia! Register Now!
On 13 December 2018, EuroCham is hosting an insightful breakfast talk featuring guest speaker Mr. Charles Vincent, an accredited individual and team development coach who has worked with numerous international organizations and private sector companies. He has been awarded the French “Legion d'Honneur” for his humanitarian work as well. In this breakfast talk, Charles will provide you with concrete tips to help you become a highly effective and truly successful management leader, and the talk will focus on delegation in an organization through an interactive exchange and discussion.Register Now!
Growth & Business
Banking & Finance
Transportation & Infrastructure
- November 01 - EuroCham Breakfast Talk on Insurance in Construction
- November 02 - AgriBiz Committee meeting
- November 05 & 06 - Regional Meeting of the European Chambers in South East Asia (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
- November 06 - EuroCham joins Government-Private Sector Forum in the Ministry of Tourism
- November 07 - Board of Directors join a Seniority Law meeting in the Ministry of Labour and Vocational Training
- November 08 - EuroCham Breakfast Talk on Regional Outlook on Southeast Asia
- November 08 - EuroCham joins Global Entrepreneurship Network Launch
- November 13 - Real Estate and Construction Committee gives presentation about FIDIC to the Ministry of Land Management and Vocational Training
- November 14 - Green Biz Executive Committee meeting
- November 15 - Human Resources Committee meeting
- November 20 - EuroCham Luncheon with His Excellency Dr. Kun Nhem, General Director of Customs and Excise
- November 26 - EuroCham joins the Private Sector Working Group B meeting on Tourism
- November 26 - EuroCham, chambers and other business associations sign an MoU with the Cambodia Chamber of Commerce.
- November 26 - EuroCham joins a meeting with The Ministry of Labour and Vocational Training on Seniority Prakas
- November 27 - EuroCham welcomes the Spanish Embassy Economic Counselor
- November 27 - EuroCham joins a meeting with Cambodia Tourism Federation
- November 27 - EuroCham and its German Chapter welcome the program director of the Global Business Network
- November 27 - Real Estate and Construction and Green Biz chairmen meeting on the Establishment of a Green Building Council
- November 28 - World Bank Economic Outlook Launch Conference
- November 29 - Real Estate and Construction Executive Committee meeting
- November 29 - EuroCham joins the Government-Private Sector Working Group D preparatory meeting
- November 30 - EuroCham welcomes a UNIDO speakers on Green Label
- November 30 - German Business Talk with GBN and GIZ